“Slip & Fall” accidents happen every day, particularly afflicting the elderly and others who have a hard time moving around. But it can happen to you, as well. Do you know what to do if you are a loved one gets hurt in a Slip & fall accident?
If you are involved in a slip/trip & fall accident, you should:
- Avoid making any detailed statements concerning fault. Saying the wrong thing, or just saying too much can and will be used against you in court.
- Make sure to get names of owners and managers of the property
- Write down the names of witnesses; try to get their phone numbers as well.
- If you are not incapacitated by your injuries, take good pictures of the scene and of your injuries.
- Save the footwear and clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Seek medical attention if injured immediately. If not immediately, then at least within 14 days, as required by current Florida Statute. Otherwise, you will not be able to seek full compensation for future medical bills, and it may cost you other compensation as well.
- Do not give recorded statements to any insurance adjusters. Period. Even your own.
The liability of a premises owner or operator depends on the state and federal laws that apply to the circumstances. For example, an owner of a home or public store has a duty to warn you about any known hazards that you might encounter. Construction workers are legally obligated to warn and protect the public from hazard at their work sites. Depending on individual circumstances, all may still be liable for injuries you receive while on their premises, even if they warned you of potential injury.
To read more on what you should do if you are involved in a Slip and fall, go to: http://accident-law.freeadvice.com/accident-law/slips_falls/fall_what_to_do.htm
If you or a person you care about gets injured in a “Slip and fall” accident or you simply have a question about a potential personal injury situation, call us at Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, P.A. We offer a free initial consultation, and our phone number is (561) 686-3400.
At Slinkman, Slinkman, & Wynne, we know that Slip and fall accidents happen all the time. In fact, there are around 1 million Slip and fall accidents per year. If you are in an accident because of the negligence of a business, property or home owner, then you need to contact us right away. We help our clients obtain payment to cover hospital and other medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more, if the situation warrants it.
If you want to learn more about how we can help you in a situation where someone you love has been in an Slip and fall accident, then go to this page on our website: http://www.sswlawfl.com/areas-of-practice/slip-fall-accident/. We also specialize in Wrongful Death & Serious Injury, Medical Malpractice, Auto Accidents, Defective Products, and many other types of legal situations where injury or death has occurred in Jupiter and anywhere else in the state of Florida.