At Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, P.A. we believe that if we help one person avoid a potentially dangerous situation that leads to an injury or their death. That is why we dedicate many of our blog posts and articles to sharing information that helps you and your loved ones to be safe and hopefully stay healthy. In the next several blog posts we offer “back to school driving safety tips”. Important tips to help you share the road safely with other cars, pedestrians, school buses and bicyclists.
In this post we offer tips on do’s and don’ts of what to do if you are dropping off children at school here in Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach or anywhere else in a community where schools and/or children reside.
When you are dropping off children at school:
- Carpool wherever possible
- Carpooling reduces congestion and helps reduce pollution.
- Do not drop your children off across the street from the school
- Yes, it takes a few extra minutes to get in line and drop off in front of the school. It also saves your children from crossing a very busy, potentially dangerous street.
- Do not double park
- This raises congestion and causes potentially dangerous blind spots. It also raises everyone’s frustration level, just like the next point.
- Do not cut the line
- Every car in front of you is waiting to pick up their child just like you. The more respectful everyone is, the quicker each person moves through, picks up their child/children, and completes the process.
- Try to stay off your mobile devices, if possible.
- Particularly if you are moving. Children can be unpredictable, and one can come jumping out from the sidewalk or from behind a vehicle in a split second without notice. If you are distracted, if even for a moment, it can change that other person’s life, forever. And, your own.
We acknowledge using and sharing this important information with you from the National Safety Council. To read their entire article dedicated to back to school safety, please go to: http://www.nsc.org/learn/safety-knowledge/Pages/back-to-school-safety-tips-for-drivers.aspx
Unfortunately, we all know that automobile accidents in school zones and everywhere else where vehicles travel happen every day. If you or a person you care about gets injured or killed in an automobile accident or any other situation, contact us at Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, P.A. Or, if you have a question about any type of personal injury situation that you have not yet had answered, please call us at Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, P.A. We offer a free initial consultation: our phone number is (561) 686-3400 and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accidents involving children happen. We help our clients obtain payment to cover hospital and other medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more, if the situation warrants it. If you want to learn more about how we can help you in a situation where someone you love has been in an accident, then go to this page on our website: http://sswlawfl.com/areas-of-practice/accidents-serious-injury/. We also specialize in Wrongful Death & Serious Injury, Medical Malpractice, Slip and Fall, Defective Products, Motorcycle accidents, Boating accidents and many other types of legal situations where injury or death has occurred.
Whether you are in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Stuart, West Palm Beach or any other city in the state of Florida, you need to find and hire a law firm that has the level of knowledge and experience that will get you the financial results you deserve, while also working with you throughout your case until some type of resolution has been reached. With over four decades of experience, that firm is Slinkman, Slinkman, & Wynne, where we have been devoted to protecting south Florida families for over 40 years.