Every year there are people here in south Florida and throughout the nation who are either injured or killed by defective products. Many of those people and their loved ones are unsure of where they can turn for help. At Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, P.A. one of the areas of personal injury law that we specialize in is defective products. We have been able to get our clients millions of dollars in settlements and judgements in our over 40 years in practice in cases involving defective products.
We believe it is also important to share with all Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach, Stuart and other south Florida families information that can help you to learn if you may be the victim of a defective product. One of the best resources for information on defective products is http://www.usrecallnews.com.
This site recently posted an article on the “Worst Defective Products” of 2016, highlighting 3 defective products in particular. Unfortunately, in each case people have been killed by the defective products. You may have heard about one or more of these cases in the news or read about it on the internet:
- Takata Air Bags
- When Takata’s air bags deploy they allegedly explode, sending shrapnel in all directions in the inside of your vehicle. 11 people have been killed and over 100 injured. According to the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) this is the largest recall of vehicle airbags ever.
- GM ignition switch litigation
- At least 124 deaths and 274 injuries linked to defective ignition switches. GM has paid out approximately $2 billion so far, with more lawsuits that could add another $7 billion to $10 billion in settlements by the time all the cases are settled.
- Talcum Powder from Johnson & Johnson
- In Missouri Johnson & Johnson was ordered to pay $200 million for talcum powder products that allegedly caused ovarian cancer when used for feminine hygiene. J&J is fighting the ruling and looking to move the case to New Jersey.
To read the entire article and learn more about defective product recalls from 2016 go to: https://www.usrecallnews.com/worst-defective-products-2016/
At Slinkman, Slinkman, & Wynne, P.A., we know that any product may cause injury or death. We help clients obtain payment for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering due to defective products. If you want to learn more about how to go about hiring the right attorneys for you in a situation where you have been injured by a defective product, then go to http://sswlawfl.com/areas-of-practice/defective-products/. We also specialize in Accident & Serious Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice and many other types of legal situations where injury or death has occurred.
Whether you are in Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Stuart, West Palm Beach or any other location throughout the state of Florida, you need to find and hire a law firm that has the level of knowledge and experience that will yield you maximum results, while also working with you throughout your particular situation until it is resolved. With over four decades of experience, that firm is Slinkman, Slinkman, & Wynne.
Our main office is located in south Florida in Jupiter at 1015 W. Indiantown Road, Suite 101A. You can contact us directly at (561) 686-3400, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us today for a FREE initial consultation.